No need of words, if you’ve ever been in a corporate/MBA environment, you’d know what I’m talking about!
For simplicity sake I will be mentioning all the people here as ‘He’s.
- The Type B Networker – He walks the walk, talks the talk but never does the work. He charms the pants off the boss/teacher and the big shots know his name. But…he never shows up for anything, never does anything, keeps watching YouTube and keeps talking to others on work time!
- The Type A Networker – Who knows who will be your next boss/employment opportunity! This would be the personal mantra of this kind of networker. He talks to every person like a prospect. He seems to be selling himself every single time. His do-good attitude grates on co-workers nerves because they know why he’s following the guest speakers/business heads of other companies/other big shots all the time!
- The Lazy Learner – the guy who never shows up to class and when he does, is like a rock star coming to class. He doesn’t have the pressing need to finish assignments, he doesn’t care about studies. When teachers admonish him, he’ll smile and grin, when tests come, he’ll borrow notes (forcefully), he doesn’t take bath, deadlines are just another day to him…Hah…how envious that he lives a life so carefree!
- The Invisible Wall – Ah…one of my favourites…this is that person whom you never knew existed. You know of his presence/existence only when the roll call/marklists come out or when he makes a sudden appearance out of thin air right in front of you! You get a shock when he speaks in a feeble voice, because you’ve never seen him, let alone speak! But half the time, such characters hide an incredible brain…
- The Loudspeaker – The one who laughs/talks/exclaims way too loudly that the whole class is essentially listening to a live broadcast of the latest happenings on campus! Move over, campus radio, we got a better and more reliable source without losing battery life.
- The Flirt Type I – This guy flirts with every single living being. The class dork, the passing gal, the canteen lady, the office admin etc etc. By seeing this creature boast his plumage, you will be amazed. You will think – Where does all that confidence come from?! But essentially he’s harmless. He’s just a serial flirt…
- The Flirt Type II – This guy…on the other hand…is not harmless. If he comes to you and starts waxing poetic, you should just say “Sorry, I can’t do it.”. He is here for something and until you either give in or keep saying no, he’ll keep flirting with you. Some people get exasperated and give him what he wants, some flutter their eyelashes and give it happily, some begrudgingly gives because they have no choice, and some just say “No way man!” and walk away. And whenever I see such a scene, I am in awe of that cool person who just said “NO”. Ohh….burn!
- The Class Topper – aha! No words needed. The one who does all the work on time, knows the answers to all the questions, reads newspaper every day, eats healthy, works hard, finishes before deadlines, gets straight As, can talk on any subject around the world, knows a lot of people, is a social butterfly, and may or may not be liked by all. Whew…! I’m tired just typing all this.
For now, I can remember only 8 types…I’m pretty sure I just missed some more.
If I can get comments/replies, then definitely I’ll publish the Part II!!!
Till then, Toodle-loooooooo