Ah I just love sarcasm.
Many consider Sarcastic people to be smarter and some people think Sarcasm is a poor substitute for a correct answer.
I honestly think that it a very good tool to escape questions. 😀 😛
I am not at all good at sarcasm but I am finding out the merits of it in recent times.
As Kevin Hart once famously said, “Sarcasm is best told simply.”
I believe that the success of a Sarcastic joke is to keep it so simple that people look at you weirdly and doubt whether what you said is really true or not.
They keep wondering and have to ask for clarification. That is when you realize that you’ve successfully deployed your sarcasm bomb! 😛
The funny thing is, I love people who can be sarcastic at the fly of a hat. They look right into the person and crack a joke and they make it seem as if they are joking about it but you are left wondering if it was a joke or a serious thought!
Hah! I just love being on the sidelines in such cases.
There are so many articles and blogs on how Sarcastic people are smarter and there are even more on the Scientific basis of Sarcasm. But I don’t have that much to say – but I will 😛
- Sarcastic people are very quick thinkers: How else would they assess the situation and comment on it in such a way that it hurts no one?
- They see everything: They have very sharp eyes and would have seen everything around them but they act as if they don’t know anything except when they drop their sarcasm bombs.
- They are good at not giving you answers: They are so good at avoiding the question that you feel that they would be great salesmen or women! 😛
- They do not have a care in the world: Their attitude says it all. This ‘Chill’ attitude is exactly why they have this talent and why they can deploy it with ease.
- They have no problem with diplomacy: Because they don’t have any!
Haha so here’s to all my dear lovely friends who make my life brighter with their sarcasm. Love you people!
PS: I wish someone told me how to counter a smart-ass sarcastic friend…other than the usual response! 😛