If you do any of these things, trust me I understand your pain. Truly.
- When you have to come early and stay late at office not because you have work but because you’re expected to.
- When it’s perfectly acceptable for people to have an in-person meeting during the weekend for status updates.
- When your Whatsapp should be on in case your manager wants to check up on you.
- When you need to keep all your weekends open in case your manager feels like giving you “CRITICAL” work.
- When “messengers” insist that they know every detail of your life so that they can update others on it.
- When you reach office and you need to take frequent bathroom breaks and just sit and take a deep breath of fresh air. Yep, I did mean fresh air.
- When you have to motivate yourself with success quotes…or memes…every single day.
- When you catch yourself calculating the days, hours and minutes to weekend.
- When you marvel at those who leave office by 5 PM.
Who are these creatures? Where do they work at? Can I get a job there?
- When every time you are in a cab, you look at the outside world and wonder “Hmm…wish I knew what talking to real people felt like”.
- When you need a new stress ball every week.
- When you are in a new city and you haven’t even seen the place, because you have office from 8.30 AM till 8.30 PM or more…
- When you haven’t seen anything beyond your bed at home…
- When you haven’t seen sunlight…
- When you just haven’t.
Guess what, welcome to your new work environment.
Welcome to The Office.